We are a fast-growing Language Service Provider which provides high-quality transcription, translation, interpreting and other specialised language services to clients around the world across a number of different sectors and industries. Our head office is in Kirkham, Lancashire, in the heart of the North West of England and is a short walk from Kirkham train station, 10 minutes by train from Preston and 40 minutes from Manchester and Liverpool.
We are looking to recruit a native English-speaking language studies graduate to join our growing team of in-house translation specialists. Your studies will be from any language degree – we are looking for you to demonstrate that you have a solid understanding of other languages.
Your position within the Translation Team will provide invaluable assistance to your colleagues and will assist them in their daily tasks. You will also support our Online Team with a variety of activities and you will learn many new skills along the way. Reporting to the Translation Lead, your role will include the following:
• Aligning previous translations
• Preparing documents for quoting
• Using our CAT tool to set up projects and prepare documents for translation
• Some translation work (into English)
• Essential work with our Online Team
Skills and experience required:
Full training will be given for aspects of the role which are specific to our business However, you should already possess the following skills:
• Excellent attention to detail
• Knowledge and awareness of how other languages differ from English
• Excellent computer skills, including strong MS Offices skills
• Natural ability to pick up new tasks easily
• Resourcefulness to work efficiently and unaided
• Eagerness to learn new skills
• Ability to use initiative when problem-solving
• Good typing and formatting skills in Word
• Excellent time management and organisational skills
• Ability to prioritise and manage your workload
We are looking for bright, enthusiastic and motivated people to join our expanding team. Each member of our team goes the extra mile to help deliver a high-quality service to our clients, and that’s what we’ll look for in you. Your experience and academic qualifications are obviously important criteria for this role, but the right candidate must display a positive, professional, friendly and cheerful attitude.
If you believe you have what we’re looking for, send your CV and a short paragraph of why you would be perfect for the role to [email protected]